Adagio from Aranjuez

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
bcartoon

Adagio from Aranjuez

Post by bcartoon » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:36 am

Hello,

When I go to the below link on a computer, a recording of the Adagio from the Rodrigo Aranjuez Concerto begins playing in the background. It’s a solo guitar version and sounds very impressive. It eventually transitions into more of a Bossa Nova style. Does anyone know who arranged this?

Mod Edit - Link removed because of copyright violation

bcartoon

Re: Adagio from Aranjuez

Post by bcartoon » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:45 pm

Does anyone know?

Altophile

Post by Altophile » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:00 pm

bcartoon wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:45 pm
Does anyone know?
I don't hear anything when I go to that site.

I did notice that the owner of the blog is breaching copyright by allowing downloads of many items that are still under copyright.

pogmoor

Post by pogmoor » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:50 pm

Altophile wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:00 pm

I did notice that the owner of the blog is breaching copyright by allowing downloads of many items that are still under copyright.
Thanks for pointing this out, Altophile; link removed. However there is a solo version of the slow movement from the Aranjuez concerto published in 1989 under the title Aranjuez, Ma Pensee by Edicion Joaquin Rodrigo, Madrid (ie Rodrigo's own imprint).
Eric from GuitarLoot
Renaissance and Baroque freak; classical guitars by Lester Backshall (2008), Ramirez (Guitarra del Tiempo 2017),
Yamaha (SLG 130NW silent classical guitar 2014).

Altophile

Post by Altophile » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:28 pm

pogmoor wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:50 pm
Altophile wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:00 pm

Thanks for pointing this out, Altophile; link removed. However there is a solo version of the slow movement from the Aranjuez concerto published in 1989 under the title Aranjuez, Ma Pensee by Edicion Joaquin Rodrigo, Madrid (ie Rodrigo's own imprint).
I appreciate the info, Pogmoor. Alas, the Adagio section of Aranjuez is about as long as my entire repertoire right now! I'd love to play the theme, though, as it is quite beautiful, but I'd rather find an arrangement that is similar to the version Hanan Harchol offers on volume 3 of his "Romance" series: Short, sweet, and of moderate technical difficulty:-) Are you aware of such an arrangement?

pogmoor

Post by pogmoor » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:17 pm

Altophile wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:28 pm
...but I'd rather find an arrangement that is similar to the version Hanan Harchol offers on volume 3 of his "Romance" series: Short, sweet, and of moderate technical difficulty:-) Are you aware of such an arrangement?
Afraid not :(
Eric from GuitarLoot
Renaissance and Baroque freak; classical guitars by Lester Backshall (2008), Ramirez (Guitarra del Tiempo 2017),
Yamaha (SLG 130NW silent classical guitar 2014).

oc chuck

Post by oc chuck » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:39 am

You can try aranjuez adagio solo guitar on u-tube.
click on filters and < 4 mins.

There are some videos that sell short arrangements of this piece.

Get a full arrangement and practice the sections you like,
its a great scale exercise too.

Return to “Search for classical guitar sheet music”