It's cold in London today, by way of introduction

griewa

It's cold in London today, by way of introduction

Post by griewa » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:05 am

Hi All:

This is a short introductory message from Wayne Grier. I am joining this forum to interact with others and to hopefully meet other guitarists to play music with. I also would like to access all of the source materials on this site.

I am located in North London near Alexandra Palace. At intermediate level, I play a wide range of guitar music including (Brazilian Choro and Samba, Argentine tango, Baroque guitar, Spanish classical, Flamenco, anything by Baden Powell and Astor Piazzolla),

I play on these two guitars mostly: classical cedar and indian rosewood Raimundo + a Camps Flamenco guitar in cypress.

I also have a Fender Jaguar and a Arte and Lutherie acoustic. All of these four guitars have pickups because I like reverb and chorus as additives.

I also am a big fan of 60's surf and garage/psychedelic. To a lesser extent, I like old country guitar and 60's folk. I want to learn these styles as well. To do that, I am working on understanding harmony via Choro and trying to add some melody via made up chord fills.

It is a long journey worth travelling...

simonm

Re: Its cold in London today, by way of introdction

Post by simonm » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:39 am

Hi Wayne,

Welcome to the forum.

- Quite a range of interests there.

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- To get started please have a look at the new member info here: http://www.classicalguitardelcamp.com/v ... 28&t=36537

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. It is not automatic. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- It is useful to put your location into your profile so that people can see where you are located. Just click on your name on the right and then on "edit profile".

Regards,

Simon

wgal

Re: Its cold in London today, by way of introdction

Post by wgal » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:35 am

Welcome!
Yamaha GC12C

Return to “Introduce yourself”