'The Shepherd's Prelude' (New Piece)

Theory and practice of composition and arranging for classical guitar, discussion of works in progress, etc.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Authors' rights

Composers' Workshop
Theory and practice of composition and arranging for classical guitar, discussion of works in progress, etc.

Once you have subscribed to the 002 group, you can attach the following types of files to your messages:
Audio : .mp3 .ogg .wav .flac
Video : .avi .flv .mov .wmv
Score : .pdf .jpg .gif .png
Finale: .mus
RikRoberts
Composer

'The Shepherd's Prelude' (New Piece)

Post by RikRoberts » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:19 pm

Hello everyone,

Here is a new piece I've written for solo guitar - The Shepherd's Prelude. It's around grade 7 or 8 level. Whilst it is most certainly 'classical', it was actually inspired by three instrumentals from the rock guitar world: 'T'erminal Frost' by Pink Floyd, 'Flying In A Blue Dream' by Joe Satriani and 'Watermelon In Easter Hay' by Frank Zappa. I say 'inspired' and not 'influenced', as it sounds nothing like them!

Anyway, please have a look, have a try, let me know what you think. It's one of those pieces whereby one might be tempted to play it slower than indicated and with too much legato, but it really needs to be at crotchet = 180 for it to work and take flight.

I should add that it is 6th string to D, and that text is currently missing in the score, I've added it since uploading.

Best wishes,
Rik
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Composers' Workshop”