Software for editing videos

Creating a home studio for recording the classical guitar. Equipment, software and recording techniques. Amplification for live performance.
GabrielSilva

Software for editing videos

Post by GabrielSilva » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:22 pm

Hi! I'm searching for recommendations on which software (freeware or open source) to use to editing videos. I want to synchronize videos of me playing different parts of a duo or a trio.

twang

Re: Software for editing videos

Post by twang » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:36 pm

I've had good luck with Shotcut:
https://www.shotcut.org/
"An amateur is he who takes up the study of an instrument as a relaxation from his serious occupations." -- Sor

LK51

Re: Software for editing videos

Post by LK51 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:27 pm

I use Kdenlive. It's open source and available in Linux, W10 and Mac versions. I've used it for several years after using Sony Vegas and Adobe Premier in a professional training environment. Although there are some trade-offs using open source apps, I've found Kdenlive to be an excellent NLE for the normal/average user. If you've done any previous video editing the learning curve is very manageable.

FWIW, I also use an open source audio editor- Audacity. That long with Kdenlive and GIMP (an open source alternative to Photoshop) make a great "suite" of apps for producing good quality music videos.
2017 Cordoba Fusion Orchestra
1972 Martin D35-S
2007 Larrivee LV 05e

Return to “Classical guitar recording and amplification”