Anyone know of duets for guitar and harp?

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
nmarti31

Anyone know of duets for guitar and harp?

Post by nmarti31 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:22 am

I've always thought they'd make a nice sounding duet, but I can barely find any sheet music or recordings of it.

GuitarsWeB

Re: Anyone know of duets for guitar and harp?

Post by GuitarsWeB » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:57 am

Harpist should be able to use classical guitar arrangements. So, find any guitar duets

sxedio

Post by sxedio » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:03 pm

Also look at harp harp duets where one of the parts is playable on guitar. The one such piece I can recommend is 'Terezinha de Jesus' from 'Chansons et danses d'Amerique Latine' by Yvon Rivoal and Catherine Garson (editions Henry Lemoine). You'll have to read from harp notation or at least be able to re-write it in guitar notation, but the arpeggios on harp 2 are surprisingly guitaristic.
(Gr) (En) (very little Fr)

Christopher Freitag

Post by Christopher Freitag » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:25 pm

Check out the repertoire on "Together", the duo album with Jason Vieaux and Yolanda Kondonassis. At least one piece was written for them, but I think you can find the music for some of the others, like the works by Hovhaness and Pujol.
Chris Freitag

2013 German Vasquez Rubio Concert Special "Bernardi"; German spruce/Brazilian rosewood
2014 Garrett (Gary) Lee spruce/cedar double top; Brazilian rosewood

Mark Clifton-Gaultier

Post by Mark Clifton-Gaultier » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:32 pm

sxedio wrote:The one such piece I can recommend is 'Terezinha de Jesus' from 'Chansons et danses d'Amerique Latine' by Yvon Rivoal and Catherine Garson (editions Henry Lemoine). You'll have to read from harp notation or at least be able to re-write it in guitar notation, but the arpeggios on harp 2 are surprisingly guitaristic.
That's because they are derived from Yvon Rivoal's original guitar duet arrangements.

sxedio

Post by sxedio » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:21 pm

Mark Clifton-Gaultier wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:32 pm

That's because they are derived from Yvon Rivoal's original guitar duet arrangements.
Thanks Mark. There you go nmarti13, get the guitar duet arrangement for yourself and pass the harp duet arrangement to the harpist!

Luis_Br

Post by Luis_Br » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:01 pm

I have a CD recording by Marcus Llerena (guitar) and Cristina Braga (harp). Their repertoire is:
Castelnuovo-Tedesco - Sonatina Canonica op196
Sor - Op55 1, 2 and 3
Barrios - Study in B minor, Paraguayan Dance
Dowland - My Lord Willoughby's Welcome Home, My Lord Chamberlain's Galliard
Thomas Robinson - A Plaine Song, A Fantasy, A Toy
Purcell - Rondo
Brazilian Anonymous - Lundum
Henrique de Mesquita - Batuque
Ricardo Medeiros - Alianças (piece dedicated to the duo)

sxedio

Post by sxedio » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:48 pm

Luis_Br wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:01 pm
I have a CD recording by Marcus Llerena (guitar) and Cristina Braga (harp). Their repertoire is:
Dowland - My Lord Chamberlain's Galliard
Originally 'for two to play upon one lute'. The player on the high frets is playing a largely monophonic part, is that assigned to the guitar, and the polyphonic low part to the harp? You can see a few bars from an attempt of mine to notate here https://www.classicalguitardelcamp.com/ ... 6#p1267795

Return to “Search for classical guitar sheet music”