Andrew York - Andecy

Classical Guitar technique: studies, scales, arpeggios, theory
Forum rules
IV Laws governing the quotation/citation of music

For discussion of studies, scales, arpeggios and theory.
andrew382

Andrew York - Andecy

Post by andrew382 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:52 am

Before reading this post I would like that you take a look at my previous from last year: https://www.classicalguitardelcamp.com/ ... 6&t=125486

So after restarting in November I'm able to play 16th notes on free strings with im at 72 bpm for 3-4 measures maybe even 100 bpm for short bursts. However it seems that lack of stamina and the clawing of the i finger at higher speeds or when playing in combination with p stop me from playing this piece through. I could play it say at 50 percent but at full speed I can just play one measure or at best the first 3 which are pretty much the song's theme and repeating throughout the piece.

How can I improve my right hand stamina so I won't have to constantly babysit it when playing faster and be able to concentrate my entire attention on my left hand?

ronjazz

Re: Andrew York - Andecy

Post by ronjazz » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:01 pm

You may want to try creating right-hand exercises that mimic the patterns in the piece and play them without using the left hand, just to get the right hand to "automate" them. This sort of study works for many techniques, including scales. I'm not familiar with the piece, but see if you can work out just the right hand, and then practice that slowly, increasing tempo little by little over a few days.
Lester Devoe Flamenco Negra
Lester Devoe Flamenco Blanca
Aparicio Flamenco Blanca with RMC pickup
Bartolex 7-string with RMC pickup
Giannini 7-string with Shadow pickup
Sal Pace 7-string archtop

soltirefa

Post by soltirefa » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:06 pm

Interesting. Andrew posting about Andrew York and Andecy.

andrew382

Post by andrew382 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:58 am

ronjazz wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:01 pm
You may want to try creating right-hand exercises that mimic the patterns in the piece and play them without using the left hand, just to get the right hand to "automate" them. This sort of study works for many techniques, including scales. I'm not familiar with the piece, but see if you can work out just the right hand, and then practice that slowly, increasing tempo little by little over a few days.
So you mean something like practicing hands separately as by piano?

ronjazz

Post by ronjazz » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:15 pm

YES
Lester Devoe Flamenco Negra
Lester Devoe Flamenco Blanca
Aparicio Flamenco Blanca with RMC pickup
Bartolex 7-string with RMC pickup
Giannini 7-string with Shadow pickup
Sal Pace 7-string archtop

Return to “Classical Guitar technique”