D02 Classical guitar lesson 10

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Judy Verbeeten
Student of the online lessons

Re: D02 Classical guitar lesson 10

Post by Judy Verbeeten » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:34 pm

Ken Kim wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:47 pm

Both are my final version. It's now time for me to move on to the next challenge.
Stay cool (cold), everyone. :D
Ken, you are like the EverReady bunny - you just keep going and going. Excellent submissions. It may be hot in Indiana, but your playing is hot too!!

Good stuff. Best, Judy

Ken Kim

Post by Ken Kim » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:21 pm

Judy Verbeeten wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:34 pm
Ken, you are like the EverReady bunny - you just keep going and going. Excellent submissions. It may be hot in Indiana, but your playing is hot too!!
Good stuff. Best, Judy
Thank you much, Judy. :merci:

This Rondo was a real challenge. I had many great advice given by advanced players from French board and it certainly helped me much.
Chaconne is still a little flimsy but I'm getting better. :mrgreen:

Now, I've been learning classical guitar exactly for 2yrs(24 months) as a very beginner. I'm really thankful to Maestro Delcamp now. :casque:
Ken

♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥

Robert England Hauser / Amalio Burguet Especial
Cordoba C12SP, Torres & Rodriguez
Yamaha Silent SLG200NW / Ryoji Matsuoka M60

Jules Wilkins

Post by Jules Wilkins » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:22 am

Hello Ken
Remember me? I was doing these lessons but a combination of being robbed and very busy at work including moving back and forth to Calgary meant I had to stop. Foolish really. Anyway, very glad to see you have kept up and good to see your progress.
I will be registering again, not sure what level(s). Regardless I am sure we will see each other in the coming months.
Keep up the great work.
Jules

Ken Kim

Post by Ken Kim » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:49 am

Jules Wilkins wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:22 am
Hello Ken
Remember me? I was doing these lessons but a combination of being robbed and very busy at work including moving back and forth to Calgary meant I had to stop. Foolish really. Anyway, very glad to see you have kept up and good to see your progress.
I will be registering again, not sure what level(s). Regardless I am sure we will see each other in the coming months.
Keep up the great work.
Jules
Good to see you again, Jules. :bye:
Very welcome back. I was surprised when your acct was deleted due to inactivity. I'm glad we can share learning experience again. :ouioui:
I'll start with both D03 and D04 in a week. Look forward to seeing your playing. :casque:
Ken

Jules Wilkins

Post by Jules Wilkins » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:58 am

I will no doubt be trying 3 and 4 as well, so we will certainly be watching each other.

Linda Kimbrel

Post by Linda Kimbrel » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:29 am

Hi guys. I’m still here too. I doubt that I will try 3 and 4 both but I will do 3. I finally managed to learn the Rondo but did not post it since I thought everyone had left this forum! Ken are you going with the French forum? And I can hardly believe the new lessons start next week already! What a short summer break this was.

Ken Kim

Post by Ken Kim » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:21 am

Jules Wilkins wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:58 am
I will no doubt be trying 3 and 4 as well, so we will certainly be watching each other.
Good to know you will try both.
D03 will be fun for me but D04 will make me suffer.
Ken

Ken Kim

Post by Ken Kim » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:28 am

Linda Kimbrel wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:29 am
Hi guys. I’m still here too. I doubt that I will try 3 and 4 both but I will do 3. I finally managed to learn the Rondo but did not post it since I thought everyone had left this forum! Ken are you going with the French forum? And I can hardly believe the new lessons start next week already! What a short summer break this was.
How was your vacation, Linda?
I've never left and I posted all lessons from 8th to 10th also.
I'll stay here in English forum with you but it seems Mike is gone.
Hopely, more new students will join us.
Ken

Jules Wilkins

Post by Jules Wilkins » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:25 pm

Linda Kimbrel wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:29 am
Hello Linda
As we will be in 3 together I wonder if you wouldn't mind introducing yourself by way of posting your Rondo? :casque:
I have read through some of your recent posts. You are quite correct about Ken being an inspiration...always seems to be first to post plus those first posts tend to be much better than some student's (from various levels) final posts. That can be daunting, but it should not be a deterrent from posting. After all, it is only through posting that we expose ourselves to critique which is exactly the point. I know when I was active I got advice from fellow students...some better and some not as advanced...and it was always helpful.
Let's pressure our friend Ken to stay on the English site :D .
As far as taking multiple levels, I plan on doing 3 and 4 because I think, or rather hope, that I can handle it...and yet I know there will be speed bumps along the way some of which I will have great difficulty navigating. For that reason I will likely also do 2 and perhaps even 1. The reason is that there are skills introduced in 1 and 2 that my fingers still rebel against...particularly string damping being automatic. Also, I may be able to help fellow students.
Looking forward to learning with you.

Jules Wilkins

Post by Jules Wilkins » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:35 pm

Ken Kim wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:28 am
I'll stay here in English forum with you but it seems Mike is gone.
Hopely, more new students will join us.
Ken
I just found a bit of time to listen to some of your recent posts. Yes, the hours you have put into this instrument have certainly reaped amazing results. Very well done!
I also just noticed your decision to stay in the English forum and am very glad of it indeed. Alas, you are going to keep me challenged which is a very good thing. I am naturally competitive, and so will find myself trying my best to do better than everyone else. In truth though I will be very pleased if I merely approach your skill level providing I know I at least tried my best. In other words, I am grateful that you will be setting the bar for me.
Let us hold each other to the highest standards as we progress!

Judy Verbeeten

Post by Judy Verbeeten » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:56 pm

Jules Wilkins wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:25 pm
Looking forward to learning with you.
Jules, I am so pleased that you will be joining Linda, myself and Ken in the D03 group. Yes, Ken is definitely our go-to guy, our so called group leader, and for good reason. He not only sets the bar high, providing a standard we can all try to achieve, but also offers insightful and constructive critiques of our playing.

Judy

Jules Wilkins

Post by Jules Wilkins » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:51 am

Judy Verbeeten wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:56 pm

Jules, I am so pleased that you will be joining Linda, myself and Ken in the D03 group. Yes, Ken is definitely our go-to guy, our so called group leader, and for good reason. He not only sets the bar high, providing a standard we can all try to achieve, but also offers insightful and constructive critiques of our playing.

Judy
Hello Judy. A pleasure to meet you. I had to go back a few lessons to see a submission which is why I missed saying hello earlier. I see there were some other students who may have dropped out, or perhaps not. Looking forward to learning together.

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”