Diabelli, Anton - op.71 Sonata for Piano and Guitar - Duo

Audio and video recordings of classical music (1760-1850, e.g. Giuliani, Carcassi, Carulli). Your own interpretations of music that is in the public domain.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Carcassi, Matteo - op.60/01 Etude - D05 Video
or Mozart, W. A. - K545 Sonata, Allegro - Duo (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or Anon. - Au Clair de la Lune - D01 (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
For Giuliani the opus number should be 3 digits (op.048).
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
AO

Diabelli, Anton - op.71 Sonata for Piano and Guitar - Duo

Post by AO » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:45 pm

After having been a professional/guitarist/teacher/luthier all my life, I have pretty much retired from that tedious practice routine. I am 67 now and a few years ago I put my energy into learning the keyboard to help in my lifelong desire to compose. While trying to organize all my music files I came across this recording I did long ago, it has a lot of clams but I think it represents the piece.

Cheers, AO.

https://soundcloud.com/user-81679120/diablli

AO

Re: Diabelli, Anton/Sonata for Piano and Guitar, Op.71

Post by AO » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:52 pm

I would like to thank the gazillion bots that viewed this post and the two members that actually listened. I don’t pay for SoundCloud so I have to make room for more stuff, so hope the mods can delete this post so as to not confuse the bots. Cheers, AO.

David Norton

Post by David Norton » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:14 am

I was on business travel when this was posted in June, and completely missed it. Just gave it a listen, and it is quite nice. I like Diabelli's solo guitar music, and this is a very nice duo work. Modern edition, or did you work from one of the on-line facsimile sources?

I'm glad to have heard it before the Erase button got pushed!
David Norton
Salt Lake City, UT

soltirefa

Post by soltirefa » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:40 am

I'm glad David posted a reply to this so I would see this thread. I like it a lot. I'm surprised the guitar doesn't get drowned out by the piano. It works.

Yisrael van Handel

Post by Yisrael van Handel » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:15 am

AO wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:45 pm
https://soundcloud.com/user-81679120/diablli
Arthur, very interesting piece. Well done. But what impressed me most was the tone of the piano. It blends very well with the guitar, which an ordinary Rachmaninoff pianoforte of today does not do. Where did you get this instrument? Or is it an electronic keyboard? In either case, the bending is outstanding.
Yisrael van Handel
Modi'in Ilit, Israel

Return to “Our recordings of Classical music”