David Russell - Interview

Under this heading you can announce your own events and work products, including the publications of books, magazines, sheet music, CDs, videos, guitars you build, professional events like shows, training courses, festivals and competitions. Any member of the forum who wishes, may open a thread in this forum (but only one) using his/her name for the promotion of their efforts without limitation on the number of posts.
MiguelF

David Russell - Interview

Post by MiguelF » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:52 pm

Miguel Ferreyra interviews multi-Grammy winning guitarist, David Russell discusses the influence of Andrés Segovia on his playing, his introductions for Las dos hermanitas by Francisco Tárrega (Tárrega: Integral de Guitarra) and Se Ela Perguntar by Dilermando Reis (Aire Latino), His guitars built by Matthias Dammann, John Gilbert, and Michael O’Leary with D’Addario EJ45 Pro-Arté normal tension strings.

Subscribe. Like. Comment. Share.

Cloth Ears

Re: David Russell - Interview

Post by Cloth Ears » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:37 pm

Illuminating stuff. Just studied 'Se ela Perguntar' this weekend, couldn't resist.

richtm

Post by richtm » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:15 pm

Impressive words by a big master - however I am not anymore marvel so much on Dammann guitars since to me, grown up on conventional buid guitars and with the limited amount of time I have it's not worth to have one. Maybe if you are a professional guitarist...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ernest Köröskenyi 1977 Cedar; Pauline Bernabe Especial 2007 Spruce, 2012 Cedar; Andreas Kirmse 2017 Cedar DT; Philipp Lerche Torres 2018 Spruce

rinneby

Post by rinneby » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:33 pm

:merci:
1964 - Masaru Kohno No.7
1975 - Ikkoh Kawada No.1000
2016 - Juan Miguel Carmona
2016 - Pete Beer

Feel free to ask me anything about Japanese classical guitars.

MiguelF

Post by MiguelF » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:07 am

Thank all of you for watching! I really enjoy doing these interviews.

MiguelF

Post by MiguelF » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:18 am

richtm wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:15 pm
Impressive words by a big master - however I am not anymore marvel so much on Dammann guitars since to me, grown up on conventional buid guitars and with the limited amount of time I have it's not worth to have one. Maybe if you are a professional guitarist...
We all have different hands, different tastes, and our very own idea of what sound we want to create. I love my guitars and I wouldn't play any other style of build. It's a very personal choice. Play what you like. David Russell does.

Cheers!

M.

Return to “Members' Announcements”