Guitar supports vs footrest

Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists, Aches and Pains, Injuries, etc...
guitarena

Re: Guitar supports vs footrest

Post by guitarena » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:06 pm

Additional to my footstool I use a cushion on my left leg, that I made myself. A Guitar teacher to,d me to put something flexibel on my leg, so that I am not too fixed in one position. This comment made sense to me, and when I was at home I took a thick wool scarf and made a roll out of it, than I sewed it together and sewed a rubber sheet on it. This became a very useful tool to me. The footrest is now on a very low level, so that my back is not too screwed.

guitarena

Post by guitarena » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:10 pm

One more thing on the subject support vs. footrest I have, is to play without both of them and instead to play on a very low chair, so that I can sit comfortable and have my guitar just very deep down, this is sometimes very nice to play for me.

Dmitrypey

Post by Dmitrypey » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:07 am

I have never used the Dynarette.

If it was made out of suede or velvet, would it still squeek?

ptironi

Post by ptironi » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:04 pm

Once I had a problem with the Tapert ErgoPlay support because of the force it acted upon the guitar... the side were the support was sticked, broke. So I guess that its also important to have in mind the construction type of the instrument when deciding between guitar support (with all its diversity) and footrest. Cheers

Return to “Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists”