Classical Guitar Piano duo

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
OlgaVovk
Student of the online lessons

Classical Guitar Piano duo

Post by OlgaVovk » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:43 am

Dear all,
I am looking for classical guitar-piano duo music
A simple one,
My guitar level is D03 :-)
I wonder if someone could recommend a few pieces which are in public domain (better) or teh sheep music in notaton could be purchased.
Any advice/suggestion are highly appreciated,
Thank you very much!
Olga

richtm

Re: Classical Guitar Piano duo

Post by richtm » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:58 am

There are a fiew of original pieces by e.g. Mario Castelnuovo-Tedesco, such as op. 145, Boccherini - Introduction & Fandango, Rodrigo, Vinitsky, etc. but I think they are all quite above D003 :(
Otherwise just make your own transcription by extracting some bits of the piano scores and try it out with a pianist?
:aide:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ernest Köröskenyi 1977 Cedar; Pauline Bernabe Especial 2007 Spruce, 2012 Cedar; Andreas Kirmse 2017 Cedar DT; Philipp Lerche Torres 2018 Spruce

sxedio

Post by sxedio » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:42 pm

There are easy-ish pieces by Carcassi and Diabelli and the like, pot pouris etc. of operatic and ballet themes of the time. Have a look through this topic viewtopic.php?f=7&t=18186
(Gr) (En) (very little Fr)

richtm

Post by richtm » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:40 am

You can also find something on the free Giuliani page:

http://maurogiuliani.free.fr/en/guitar_and_piano.php
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ernest Köröskenyi 1977 Cedar; Pauline Bernabe Especial 2007 Spruce, 2012 Cedar; Andreas Kirmse 2017 Cedar DT; Philipp Lerche Torres 2018 Spruce

bergmann

Post by bergmann » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:15 pm

Ferdinand Rebay did a few for guitar and piano. I think part of the "Chromatische Variationen" is not too difficult. Published by Bergmann Edition a year ago.

And the Ganz leichte Variationen über das Kinderwiegenlied “Schlaf, Kindlein, schlaf” is probably easier.

Jon Reyes

Post by Jon Reyes » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:06 pm

Anton Diabelli’s 18 Pieces for Classical Guitar and Piano. There are tons of fun, short and easy (easy for the guitar anyways) pieces there!
2018 Teodoro Perez “Estudio” SP/IN

Jeremiah Lawson

Post by Jeremiah Lawson » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:40 am

The Tedesco piano/guitar duet is really difficult, and I say that as someone who's played it. It's the pinnacle of the repertoire as far as I'm concerned but Tedesco was a formidable pianist writing for Segovia so ... not recommended for D003.

The Grosse Duo by Rebay is probably too tough. He was a formidable pianist but he was great at writing idiomatically for the guitar thanks to his niece having been a guitarist.

Second Jon Reyes recommendation of Diabelli's easy pieces for guitar and piano.

Return to “Search for classical guitar sheet music”