DIY Classical guitar strap (with a Murata) for playing standing

Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists, Aches and Pains, Injuries, etc...
pedram.moss

DIY Classical guitar strap (with a Murata) for playing standing

Post by pedram.moss » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:02 pm

Hey guys I just started learning classical guitar two years ago, been using these forums a lot for tips/advice, so thank you all! This is my first post.

Since starting to play I noticed after 30 or so minutes of practice my back would get sore. I think it's related to the twisting of the spine. I saw many ideas from previous posts about using a strap / playing standing- not going to rehash all the advantages/disadvantages. John Jarvie's standing set-up looked very cool to me but I didn't know how to make what he made.

I ended up putting something together with the bottom of my Murata, a normal guitar strap, old belt, and the pre-installed strap attachment on the body of my La Patrie guitar. It's pretty solid and doesn't move around much. Not the prettiest, but maybe it will give others ideas and thought it might be worth sharing.

Youtube link:
Last edited by pedram.moss on Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Erik Zurcher

Re: DIY Classical guitar strap (with a Gitano) for playing standing

Post by Erik Zurcher » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:17 pm

Hello pedram.moss and welcome to Delcamp forum! Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

- Once you have had 2 messages approved by the moderators, you will get access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also be able to post your own scores and recordings.

- After posting 20 messages, please subscribe to the 020 group. It allows you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. To subscribe to the 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

- We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and finally type your town and state, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

hesson11

Re: DIY Classical guitar strap (with a Murata) for playing standing

Post by hesson11 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:26 pm

Pretty clever, if not the ultimate in simplicity!
-Bob

Paul Cezanne
Student of the online lessons

Re: DIY Classical guitar strap (with a Murata) for playing standing

Post by Paul Cezanne » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:49 pm

That's awesome.

The Murata is a great all purpose guitar clamp! See viewtopic.php?f=71&t=125249

Return to “Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists”