Need help identifying a S. L. Weiss Saraband (From F. Noad's Solo Guitar Playing book 2)

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
tuure

Need help identifying a S. L. Weiss Saraband (From F. Noad's Solo Guitar Playing book 2)

Post by tuure » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:56 pm

I'm trying to find a video or audio online of someone performing this piece to help with interpretation, but can't find it. I always end up with a more famous Weiss Saraband in D minor.

Frederick Noads books Solo Guitar Playing 1 and 2 sometimes don't have enough information for me to identify the pieces. This one is just called "Saraband" under the Baroque chapter.

I'm unsure about copyright rules here. I've posted the first 5 bars here, please inform me if not allowed.

Screenshot_4.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tateharmann

Re: Need help identifying a S. L. Weiss Saraband (From F. Noad's Solo Guitar Playing book 2)

Post by tateharmann » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:55 pm

I don't know off the top of my head (maybe someone else does). What I've done before is listen to Weiss Lute works played by R. Barto to until I find what I'm looking for. It may well be that there aren't any guitar recordings of it - there most likely will be a lute recording of it though.
"One should always eat muffins quite calmly. It is the only way to eat them."

Mark Clifton-Gaultier

Re: Need help identifying a S. L. Weiss Saraband (From F. Noad's Solo Guitar Playing book 2)

Post by Mark Clifton-Gaultier » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:01 pm

From the first suite in F in the London Manuscript.

tuure

Post by tuure » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:16 pm

Mark Clifton-Gaultier wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:01 pm
Hey thanks a lot, found it!

Played for example in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwOidqQ89m4

soltirefa

Post by soltirefa » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:43 pm

tuure wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:16 pm
Mark Clifton-Gaultier wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:01 pm
Hey thanks a lot, found it!

Played for example in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwOidqQ89m4
I believe he reads that in B minor, but it sounds up a minor third into D minor (being an alto-guitar tuned up a minor third).

Mark Clifton-Gaultier

Post by Mark Clifton-Gaultier » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:49 pm

soltirefa wrote:I believe he reads that in B minor, but it sounds up a minor third into D minor ...
That's correct - the key of the suite is F but the Sarabande lies in the relative minor.

Return to “Search for classical guitar sheet music”