Fortune cookies no longer tell fortunes

Messages that are no longer relevant because their authors or moderators have removed text or attachments.
Forum rules
Messages that are no longer relevant because their authors or moderators have removed text or attachments.
musicbyandy

Fortune cookies no longer tell fortunes

Post by musicbyandy » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:37 pm

Wuuthrad wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:27 am

Are you serious with this? Just out of curiosity, is English your native language? I'm trying to figure out why you don't seem to understand what English words mean, or are attempting to redefine words, with all due respect. Apologies if I am not catching your meaning.

From Merriam Webster:
I was being serious but later I determined you meant fortune. I am a native English speaker. I don't think of fortune as having a meaning of a large some of money, although I understand that people use the word in this way. I don't know why I don't seem to understand English words and redefine their meanings but I know that I am interested in this sort of thing and that I hope to surround myself with other people who share such an interest.

I'm not familiar with who Merriam is but Webster refers to Noah Webster from West Hartford, Connecticut. I've visited the Noah Webster house.

Return to “Archives - link maintenance”