Boccherini Quintet #4 Fandango: Zimmermann v Romero version

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
cn90

Boccherini Quintet #4 Fandango: Zimmermann v Romero version

Post by cn90 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:09 pm

Hi,

I am working on Boccherini Quintet #4 Fandango.
I have the Zimmermann Musikverlag's version:
http://www.gspguitar.com/jsp2/detailSea ... sku=ZM2544

The problem is the CD version of Pepe Romero with Academy of St Martin in the Fields, it is slightly different especially the Fandango part with respect to rasguedos:
http://www.iclassics.com/content/assets ... /1068E.jpg

The BIG question is: Where can I get the version that Pepe Romero plays? I thought the Quintet was written by Boccherini and it is not supposed to be modified???

Thanks in advance :)

kyokuhon

Post by kyokuhon » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:39 pm

Hi, cn90 and all,
I don't know the recordings you refer to, but up until fairly recently, when we came to think of printed music as sacrosanct, performers were pretty much expected to make changes to music to fit their own style. Touring soloists pretty much made a living off doing it up until the early part of the last century. And, since Boccherini has been dead for over 70 years, his music falls out of even modern copyright laws. Sorry to not be of assistance with the sheet music.
Best,
K.

Brock

Post by Brock » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:38 pm

Many performers play from their own editions which are unpublished - don't know about this one. Well, Bream arranged that fandango for guitar and harpsichord, and later two guitars, for his recordings. Pepe Romero's recording added percussion.
Not that making changes is new: my memory says that Boccherini arranged the quintets for guitar and strings from ones he'd written for string quintet (2 violins, viola and 2 'cellos).

Fabio Rizza

Post by Fabio Rizza » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:55 pm

The Zimmermann edition is full of editorial changes, if compared with the earliest version known (a manuscript copied by François de Fossa and now at the Library of Congress in Washington). Faithful to this manuscript are the editions of Yves Gérard (Heugel) and Ruggero Chiesa (Suvini Zerboni).

musicbyandy

Re: Boccherini Quintet #4 Fandango: Zimmermann v Romero version

Post by musicbyandy » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:25 pm

cn90 wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:09 pm
Hi,

I am working on Boccherini Quintet #4 Fandango.
I have the Zimmermann Musikverlag's version:
http://www.gspguitar.com/jsp2/detailSea ... sku=ZM2544

The problem is the CD version of Pepe Romero with Academy of St Martin in the Fields, it is slightly different especially the Fandango part with respect to rasguedos:
http://www.iclassics.com/content/assets ... /1068E.jpg

The BIG question is: Where can I get the version that Pepe Romero plays? I thought the Quintet was written by Boccherini and it is not supposed to be modified???

Thanks in advance :)
I met Pepe Romero recently and was tempted to ask Pepe Romero about the differences between printed editions of the Boccherini Guitar Quintets and the recordings of the Boccherini Guitar Quintets that Pepe Romero released with the Academy of Saint Martin in the Fields. Instead, I asked Pepe Romero a different question. Sometimes I copy what Pepe Romero recorded and play the Boccherini Guitar Quintets as Pepe Romero recorded the Boccherini Guitar Quintets. I think you can only get the version that Pepe Romero plays by copying what Pepe Romero plays from the recordings.

Christopher Freitag

Re: Boccherini Quintet #4 Fandango: Zimmermann v Romero version

Post by Christopher Freitag » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:41 am

I just received the Ut Orpheus edition from SBM. Very nicely prepared.
Chris Freitag

2013 German Vasquez Rubio Concert Special "Bernardi"; German spruce/Brazilian rosewood
2014 Garrett (Gary) Lee spruce/cedar double top; Brazilian rosewood

Return to “Search for classical guitar sheet music”