Bach, J. S. - BWV 1004 Chaconne - Masterclass Segovia

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Jean-François Delcamp
Administrator
Administrator

Bach, J. S. - BWV 1004 Chaconne - Masterclass Segovia

Post by Jean-François Delcamp » Thu May 01, 2008 4:21 am

[dailymotion]xmzsj&v3=1&related=1[/dailymotion]

[dailymotion]xmzsd&v3=1&related=1[/dailymotion]

Brigitte Zaczek wrote:I would like to bring another episode of the Segovia Masterclass series 1965 to your attention. It had never intended to study Bach´s Ciaccona with Mo Segovia, The pieces I had prepared were Ponce´s theme varie and Folias variation. Unfortunately Barbara Polasek already had a lesson on Folias, so Jose Tomas suggested Ciaccona, which he knew I had played in Paris the year before... well here are the links of what I just uploaded to youtube:

Segovia Masterclass 1965, Brigitte Zaczek

J. S. Bach: Gavotte I, II played by Brigitte Zaczek, baroque lute

http://www.aufdraht.at/bz/
2011-08-04
:( + ♫ = :)

Abd El Ghani AZZI

Re: Masterclass Segovia - Bach Chaconne BWV 1004

Post by Abd El Ghani AZZI » Thu May 01, 2008 7:18 am

Thanks sir .

noel

Post by noel » Fri May 09, 2008 4:12 pm

Great! And he is actually a good teacher in this clip! (Rather than the complete jerk he was sometimes ...)

Noel

Azalais

Post by Azalais » Fri May 09, 2008 10:22 pm

She has nerves of steel... I can only imagine how nervous she must be!!

:merci: Jean-François!

Don

Post by Don » Sun May 11, 2008 4:54 am

Wow...Very cool. I agree w/ Azailas...i could never play under that kind of pressure. Thank You for all the awesome stuff on this forum. I am so grateful to be able to correspond and access so much info. Thank You :merci: :D :merci:
Donny

raynusallenius

Post by raynusallenius » Tue May 13, 2008 6:13 am

Thanks for sharing. It's nice to see how the maestro emphasizes the quality of tones, notes, and of course fingering. It's my first time to see such student-teacher setting, including the "audience(?)". Thanks.

Azalais

Post by Azalais » Tue May 13, 2008 6:32 am

raynusallenius wrote:Thanks for sharing. It's nice to see how the maestro emphasizes the quality of tones, notes, and of course fingering. It's my first time to see such student-teacher setting, including the "audience(?)". Thanks.
Yes, they really are great... If you check the forum search for "masterclass", you'll find lots of good descriptions of more recent ones that forum members have done or observed. There are also quite a few masterclass videos on Youtube. (Including one hilarious parody of a Segovia masterclass with a fake sound track... ) I have been to quite a few, including some great lute masterclasses... You learn SOooo much!! and meet lots of other people who share your interests.

cn90

The " -impossible" - stretch at m. 107

Post by cn90 » Tue May 20, 2008 2:53 pm

The following discussion is pertinent to the first video. The "impossible" stretch at m. 107:

"CHACONNE J.S. BACH OWL"
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=28737

Stash

Post by Stash » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:47 am

Thank you for sharing the video. He knows the music so well, it's impressive. She is wonderful, but I agree, that must be STRESSFUL...
Thanks again

Clay

Post by Clay » Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:43 pm

Thanks for finding these masterclasses & sharing them with all of us. A lot can be learned from these videos.

nafetx

Post by nafetx » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:32 pm

Wonderful to be able to see Segovia in a masterclass. Although I saw him perform perhaps 8 times in Boston in the late '50's
and 60's - this is the first time I have see him this way. I have attended many masterclasses in the past 10 years at the Natonal Guitar Classical Summit (Verdery, Romero, Galbraith, Ashfar, Leisner, Fisk, Holzman, Barreuco, Kappel, Iznaola and
Dyens). Segovia still ranks at the top in my book - and it is gratifying to note that it was due to so much of his legacy that we now have many fine guitarists world wide, Thank you for making this available to us.

Nafetx

neo18

Post by neo18 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:57 pm

Thanks a lot,

this is a very interrestinbg video.
It's nice to see Segovia teaching.

Greets from neo

fazley

Post by fazley » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:18 am

Thanks for the video. Great to seea master at work. I would be so terrified, I would not be able to play. :merci:

Sean

Post by Sean » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:37 pm

Just waiting for the barrage of expletives from the maestro.

Valéry Sauvage

Post by Valéry Sauvage » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:46 pm

What do you want to hear Sean ? great maestro, great technician, great musician, but could we, 50 years later, still play Bach like spanish romantic music ?
;-)
Val
Count Basie: I don't worry about virtuosity. I do what I like to do. If I'm a virtuoso, that's great. If not, I'm doing what I like to do.

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”