Talarn, Paco - Caminhando com você

Audio and video recordings of contemporary music from 1940 to the present. Our interpretations of works for which the copyright holders have given their permission.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Chobanian, Loris - Maharaja's Fancy - Trio Video
or Pujol, M. D. - Preludio Triston - Video (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
wchymeUS

Talarn, Paco - Caminhando com você

Post by wchymeUS » Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:22 am

I recently found on the French forum some pieces composed by Paco Talarn, aka Pakillo. He's an amazing player (just look for Pakillo's MP3s) but also happens to be a great composer.

I found and loved this choro, kind of Villa Lobos-ish. Well my play is mediocre but I hope you'll enjoy it as I do. It's really fun to play.

You'll find the score here: http://www.guitareclassiquedelcamp.com/ ... php?t=3436 as well as Paco's recording which is delightful
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hav

Post by hav » Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:52 am

HEy wchymeUS - thanks!! I'll check out the score - I REALLY enjoy listening to pakillo's playing for sure - and this sounds quite neat!!

J-Man

Post by J-Man » Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:02 am

That is a nice little peice right there......I Like the dramatic ending :wink:

I am tackling Villa Lobos Choro #1 which to me seems more difficult than this piece...But good job and good luck with other peices.

wchymeUS

Post by wchymeUS » Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:04 am

J-Man wrote:That is a nice little peice right there......I Like the dramatic ending :wink:
Yes, indeed. It did not feel good the first time, but after a while I started to like it.
I am tackling Villa Lobos Choro #1 which to me seems more difficult than this piece...But good job and good luck with other peices.
Well, it's hard to say. I find that VL's choro has easier chords and transitions, but I can't really compare as I learned it years ago...

sylvie

Post by sylvie » Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:55 pm

:casque: :applauso:
thank you :wink:

john_mark

Nicely done

Post by john_mark » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:37 am

You're right, this reminds me of Villa-Lobos too. You did a great job of playing it. Thank you for posting it.

owl

Post by owl » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:52 am

Wow! wychymeUS... such beautiful music by Paco... and well played by you :bravo:
It certainly does have a Villa-Lobos flavour... one of my favourite composers.
You played with feeling and I really enjoyed it :flowers:
:merci: for sharing this lovely piece.

Joy in the music
Owl
Never, ever give up!... I leave my songprint on your heart.

wchymeUS

Post by wchymeUS » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:27 am

owl wrote:Wow! wychymeUS... such beautiful music by Paco... and well played by you
:oops:

You're too kind Owl... but honestly, I massacred it: it's lacking smooth transitions, tempo is too slow, I need to record it again...

But thanks! You're the only kind Owl I know (my guests in my attic are ferocious and loud animals, but protected species... can't do anything...)

Return to “Our recordings of Contemporary music”