New Suite by Weiss

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
norban

New Suite by Weiss

Post by norban » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:04 pm

On the subject Couperin, Jonasb2 has given a link to the site of man named Terribili. On This site he has scores of his transcriptions.

Six pieces of them he calls Suite in Re by SL. Weiss. The movements are Ouverture, Allemanda, Sarabande, Bouree, Minuett and Gigue.

As I don't know this suite, I become curious. Playing the suite from my display, some of the movements I had the feeling to have heard before.

Comparing with all my Weiss scores I found several movements in other suites by Weiss and now know, he has made his own Suite.

Anyway, it is a good work even if the single movements have partly another key than the original.

Try it :!: :P

norban

Post by norban » Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:14 pm

Hey, 38 vews and no response haven't you found the scores? :?:

They are here: http://www.domenicoterribili.it/trascrizioni_eng.html

look for Transcriptions 8) 8)

Azalais

Post by Azalais » Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:04 pm

The frames don't seem to work with the Firefox browser...

owl

Scores

Post by owl » Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:43 pm

No me either
Just tried explorer as well :shock: NO GO!

Cheers
(Unhappy) Owl
Never, ever give up!... I leave my songprint on your heart.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:42 pm

Hi Ladies and Laddies, Terribili's terrible site has dual frames, so just adjust the right, and then try adjusting within it. It is really hard, :lol: , it took me half hour to get to the point of downloading the scores.
Norban wrote:
Six pieces of them he calls Suite in Re by SL. Weiss. The movements are Ouverture, Allemanda, Sarabande, Bouree, Minuett and Gigue.
As I don't know this suite, I become curious. Playing the suite from my display, some of the movements I had the feeling to have heard before.
Comparing with all my Weiss scores I found several movements in other suites by Weiss and now know, he has made his own Suite.
Now that I have the scores Norban, I was waiting for you to post the mp3's so that I could practice my score reading skills. :wink:

Russ :)

norban

Post by norban » Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:22 pm

Hi Russ,

after all I'm not good enough to record a whole Weiss suite but thanks for the confidence.

Try them anyway, the fingerings are on it too. For any sound sample I'll examine my hard disk.

All who didn't get to the source, provide your email in a PM and you will get it.

:chitarrista: :chitarrista: :chitarrista:

Return to “Search for classical guitar sheet music”