Manuel Blancafort (1897 - 1987)

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
hikerbobe

Manuel Blancafort (1897 - 1987)

Post by hikerbobe » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:03 am

I just discovered this Spanish composer on a NAXOS release, "Piano Music, vol.5". As you would suppose from the title, NAXOS issued four previous volumes of Blancafort's piano music. I was immediately struck by the beauty of his compositions, and, as great as they sound on piano, I think they would sound even better transcribed for guitar. Is anyone aware of any such guitar transcriptions? If not, perhaps you will listen to his music, become captivated, and (legally) transcribe some of his works? Well, I can dream, can't I?

Thanks,
Bob E.

Pragueguy

Re: Manuel Blancafort (1897 - 1987)

Post by Pragueguy » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:55 am

I discovered these CDs a couple of years ago. I agree that it is really excellent music that would lend itself to transcription, probably.

But I will need to buy piano scores first, I have not found anything already transcribed by him.

Return to “Search for classical guitar sheet music”