Albéniz, Isaac - op.047/03 Sevilla - D11 Video

Audio and video recordings of romantic and modern music (1850-1940, e.g. Albéniz, Barrios, Coste, Mertz, Llobet).
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Granados, Enrique - op.37/05 Andaluza - D09 Video
or Ságreras, J. S. - op.19 Maria Luisa - D04 (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or Ságreras, J. S. - 1/49 Lesson (One digit for lesson-book / two digits for lesson.)
or Anon. - Samba Lele - D03 (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
andi33x

Albéniz, Isaac - op.047/03 Sevilla - D11 Video

Post by andi33x » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:19 pm

Hello all,
this is Albeniz' Sevilla, one of my favorite pieces. I heard that very often played by my father on the piano and I think Albeniz would have composed many pieces for guitar if he had the idea how popular his music will get in the guitar world.

I decided to publish it in the forum even though it's not flawless. I hope you enjoy it anyway.

Best wishes
Andi

There is nothing more beautiful than the sound of a guitar - maybe aside from that of two guitars (Frederic Chopin)

Vesuvio

Re: Isaac Albeniz: Sevilla

Post by Vesuvio » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:04 pm

Hi Andi,

That is a beautiful performance and you are so kind to have shared it with us!

I hope to have the opportunity to hear much more of your delightful playing,

Best wishes, V :D :bravo: :merci:
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

oski79

Post by oski79 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:32 pm

Andi... Sehr gut!

You did a great job of bringing out the melody, and the change of tone color from one phrase to the next was quite nicely done, too. Congratulations.

oski79
“People may say I can’t sing, but no one can ever say I didn’t sing.” --Florence Foster Jenkins

esprimo

Post by esprimo » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:59 am

Bravo Andi,
Very nice and professional playing with excellent tone color! :bravo:

Could you tell us something about your guitar and recording equipment?

:bye:

wolfgang

Post by wolfgang » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:41 am

Wow, very nice Andi! I think you played that exceptionally well. It is such a huge masterpiece, and I have great respect for the music as well as the tuning and everyone who goes for the challenge ;-) I'll probably never play this in my whole CG life.

Thanks a lot for sharing with us.

flameproof

Post by flameproof » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:50 am

That is very nice playing of another piece that is on my "wish I was able to play it" list.

I see from your "Introduce Yourself" post that you gave up the guitar for 30 years and only recently came back to it -- I'm amazed that as a young man you didn't follow a career in music (I suppose software pays better).

Anyway, it's nice that you're back. :bravo:

Gruupi

Post by Gruupi » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:16 pm

That was very well done, it just reminds me of how many good classical guitar players there are around the world.

Cary W

Post by Cary W » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:43 pm

You have captured the spirit of the music very well. Thanks for sharing. :bravo:
2008 Yamaha GC31C Indian/cedar D'Addario EJ46
1987 Yamaha GC-3 Indian/cedar D'Addario EJ45

Hybrid

Post by Hybrid » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:56 pm

Most excellent :bravo:

Very well played. Great tone. Love it! :casque:

H

andi33x

Post by andi33x » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:18 pm

esprimo wrote:Bravo Andi,
Could you tell us something about your guitar and recording equipment?
Hi,
first thanks very much for all these encouraging comments! :merci:

This guitar is a cedar top from Valencia. The builder is Miguel Gomez. My guitar teacher has brought it from a fair in 1977. I think it was cheaper since it has some errors in the finish. It cost about half the price of a Ramirez Traditional 1a at that time. I don't know if there are guitars from Gomez on the market today.

Concerning the equipment: In former recordings I used my very old (>30 years) Sennheiser dynamic micros which are not ideal for instrumental recordings but very good for speech. The higher tones are absorbed to some degree. This seems to be usual for dynamic micros. On many websites people tell that the condenser micros, especially those with cardioid directional pattern is better for guitar recordings.

So I bought two condenser micros (Rode M3) last week which indeed perform better and produce a clearer sound. Condenser micros need an additional phantom power (48V in most cases). I have an "Alhambra Audiogram6" as USB interface for the computer which did its job satisfying up to now. But now I realized that the Audiogram6 has a phantom powering only for one channel. This is really stupid! So, instead of buying a new interface (e.g. from m-audio or so), I decided to buy micros which can alternatively be powered with normal 9V batteries. This led me to the Rode M3...They cost not too much and seem to be completely worth the price.

So, this is my -not too expensive- equipment. I record with a webcam and Ulead Video Studio and Acoustica 4.1 if it's necessary to add a bit reverb.

CU
Andi
There is nothing more beautiful than the sound of a guitar - maybe aside from that of two guitars (Frederic Chopin)

Jeff Kross

Re: Albeniz, Isaac - Sevilla - D11

Post by Jeff Kross » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:09 pm

AUSGEZEICHNET!

Terry Sanderson

Post by Terry Sanderson » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:45 pm

:bravo: Andi Great playing as usual.

:merci:
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.
Eleanor Roosevelt

Tamata

Post by Tamata » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:38 pm

:shock: Wow! Beautiful tone, colors, articulation. Thank you for posting this.

Beautiful music always inspires me :bravo:

mjbindy

Post by mjbindy » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:56 am

Thank you for posting. It's really amazing the control you have over the instrument. I hope I can feel confident enough about my playing to someday put this one on my to-do list. :lol:

sniggl

Post by sniggl » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:25 pm

Hi Andi,

:shock: :D Wunderbar!!! :casque: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Stefan :bye:

(Alles Gute fürs neue Jahr und hoffentlich noch viele Videos von dir!)
Guitar: Sebastian Stenzel (2008)

"Es ist schon alles gesagt, nur noch nicht von allen." ( Karl Valentin)

Return to “Our recordings of Romantic and Modern music”