D03 Classical guitar lesson 2

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
QadirASabur

Re: D03 Lesson 2

Post by QadirASabur » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:19 am

Thanks Irene,
I'll look at Ida Presti right hand techniques.

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:56 am

All students please note, part of lesson 7, on improvization, has been published early to give you time to start familiarizing yourselves with the process. The lesson will remain visible but locked until it falls due.
:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=55241

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

RicDavalos

Post by RicDavalos » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:09 pm

Qadir, good job. I did notice you are not relaxed. At one point you take a very deep breath. Try relaxing before playing by sitting and breathing deaply for half a minute. Then while playing, practise breathing. This will eventually be second nature. Also, as you keep posting videos and performing you'll get used to the situation and not be as nervouse.

Leonardo, Quadir is correct. The Carcassi has three sections so it goes AABBCCAB. Your playing is very smooth. If you get a chance to rerecord it, I'd love to hear you finsh it.

Leonardo Silva

Post by Leonardo Silva » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:06 pm

RicDavalos wrote: Leonardo, Quadir is correct. The Carcassi has three sections so it goes AABBCCAB. Your playing is very smooth. If you get a chance to rerecord it, I'd love to hear you finsh it.
Thanks RicDavalos and Quadir. That was my fault. I'll record it again. Specially now that i'm on vacation. :casque:
Irene_T wrote: Hi Leonardo, good job with the Carcassi! You play very fast and accurately. Been playing for long?
Hi Irene_T. Thanks for the comments. I started to play when i was 16. Now i'm 37 but i've been stopped for a very long time(about 15 years). Now i'm trying to come back.

RicDavalos

Post by RicDavalos » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:45 pm

Leonardo Silva wrote:Hi Irene_T. Thanks for the comments. I started to play when i was 16. Now i'm 37 but i've been stopped for a very long time(about 15 years). Now i'm trying to come back.
Leonardo, your story sounds like mine. I'm 38 and playing since I was 15. I've stopped several times with the longest "current" break being 9 years and I've gotten back into it for the past 2 years. These classes have really helped my playing overall.

Julio Galindo

Re: D03 Classical guitar lesson 2

Post by Julio Galindo » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:42 am

Hi everybody!

I´ll be 39 next February!

So sorry about posting my extensions video twice( it´s corrected already). I also made that same mistake on the 16th note passage twice( missed the note), and just realized I did one repetition too many in section B. On the other hand, I feel very happy about my extensions even though they´re not perfect. I was really suffering at the end and thought I wasn´t going to make it.

Once again thank you all for your comments. It´s really nice to see how this group is growing.

Last but not least, thank you Geoff for advising us about lesson 7.

Regards,

QadirASabur

Post by QadirASabur » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:55 pm

RicDavalos wrote:Qadir, good job. I did notice you are not relaxed...
Thanks Ric, I'll keep working on it until I it gets smooth and I can relax while playing.

QadirASabur

Post by QadirASabur » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:04 pm

RicDavalos wrote:
Leonardo, your story sounds like mine.[/quote]

My experience is also similar. I started playing guitar during my of duty hours in Viet Nam. When I returned home i got into earning a living and raising a family and didn't returned to guitar until a few years before I retired.

Leonardo Silva

Post by Leonardo Silva » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:21 pm

I'm posting a new version of the Carcassi's valse and the exercise from Sor.

Valse op 59
[media]https://youtu.be/8-gAwCQ0ujI[/media]

Sor exercise
[media]https://youtu.be/jq-ycZYbAV4[/media]

I'm also posting the two pieces indicated by Mr Delcamp:
Jean-François Delcamp wrote: I recommend that you read these two pieces, very similar to the one we've just been studying:
- page 48 Fernando SOR (1778-1839) VALSE n°1 opus 51
- page 64 Mattéo CARCASSI (1792-1853) ALLEGRETTO opus 59
I don't know if i can post it here but i'd like to so i can have some comments from you. The valse from Sor is the hardest piece among all we have already studied specially because of the damping stuff. I'm posting here to encourage you to do the same.
Merry Christmas.

Carcassi's Allegreto
[media]https://youtu.be/IJw9pgeIA8c[/media]

Sor valse 1 op 51
[media]https://youtu.be/X-jKGbfIFJ4[/media]
Last edited by Leonardo Silva on Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Julio Galindo

Post by Julio Galindo » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:18 pm

Nice work Leonardo!

looks like your´re really enjoying your vacation!! I think is a really good thing you can play fast. However, these are valse pieces and in my opinion we need to be careful not to play them too fast. I try to picture a couple dancing to my playing. Another hint would be to compare your time with Mr. Delcamp´s piece. It shouldn´t be a perfect match maybe, but somewhere close.

It´s also great that you were able to post the other optional pieces given by Mr. Delcamp :merci:

Leonardo Silva

Post by Leonardo Silva » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Julio_Cesar_CancunMx wrote:Nice work Leonardo!

looks like your´re really enjoying your vacation!! I think is a really good thing you can play fast. However, these are valse pieces and in my opinion we need to be careful not to play them too fast. I try to picture a couple dancing to my playing. Another hint would be to compare your time with Mr. Delcamp´s piece. It shouldn´t be a perfect match maybe, but somewhere close.

It´s also great that you were able to post the other optional pieces given by Mr. Delcamp :merci:
Thanks for the comments Julio. I agree that Carcassi's op 59 should be played slower but about the Sor valse, i have a version played by Jeffrey McFadden. I based mine in this one and its played faster than what i tried to do. The Sor exercise is also another piece that i should had slowed down. :desole:

QadirASabur

Post by QadirASabur » Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:28 am

Well done Leonardo!

Irene Tirtajana

Post by Irene Tirtajana » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:17 pm

:bravo: Leonardo!

I like the Sor's valse on speed! :D

Minor comment about the Carcassi's Allegretto, after the quarter notes runs, the rest are back in half notes again. I noticed you're playing it 3/4 then 1/4 notes, which gives it a more jaunty feel, I suppose. Sorry for being a wet blanket. :|

I'll post my "retarded" versions if managed to get them presentable within the week.

Happy holidays, folks!

Julio Galindo

Post by Julio Galindo » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:16 am

Happy New Year everyone!

Thank you Monsieur Delcamp once more for this forum. Discovering this site was one of the greatest things that happen to me this 2010. Irene,Ric,Leo and Qadir, it´s been nice meeting you and sharing videos with you guys. May all your CG goals for 2011 be accomplished,and most important lots of peace, love and health for you and your loved ones!

Julio

Greg Johnson

Post by Greg Johnson » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:22 am

Here are my efforts for lesson 2. First a video of the exercises.
Lesson 2 Ex..wmv
And an audio recording of the Carcassi Valse.
Carcassi, Matteo; Valse opus 59.mp3
My wife really liked this one.

Happy New Year to Mr. Delcamp and the moderators and my fellow students in Level 3! I'm finding these exercises to be very beneficial, my playing of pieces I already know well has already improved.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”