FAQs, help files, and where to find things on the forum

Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere.
VasquezBob

Re: FAQs, help files, and where to find things on the forum

Post by VasquezBob » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:09 pm

I enjoy studying music harmony, form, structure, theory, etc., and applying what I learn to playing music on classical guitar. Does this forum have a 'musicology-type' discussion group? For example, I'm currently reading about 'inversions' that are other than octave inversions; and, was wondering if anyone is aware of music for classical guitar that includes such alternate (?) inversions. Many thanks, Bob Vasquez P.S. Just returning to Delcamp and relearning the system.

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:55 pm

Hi Bob, welcome back! In general you'd be interested in the Classical Guitar Classes section, which, despite its name, is not about classes but is, as the description puts it, a "classroom" environment for exchanging Technical Questions & Answers, How-To's, music theory concepts, etc.

You would find some discussions on theory included in one of its subforums Classical Guitar technique, for instance those with Inversions in the title here (including one started by a certain Bob Vasquez :wink: ). And you may be interested in another of its subforums Analysis of Classical Guitar Works for discussion of form and structure.

Of course it's always worth doing a search too, particularly with the Advanced search tool (accessible from the cogwheel icon at the top right of the page), which allows you to select "Search within: topic titles only" and "Display results as: topics", usually making the search results much more manageable.
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

VasquezBob

Post by VasquezBob » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:11 pm

Thanks GeoffB, I'll check it all. I did, however, click on the "underlined here" in your message, above, and the response was "Sorry, you are not authorized..." I'll check the "here" once I'm on the forum. My best, Bob Vasquez

Return to “Public Space”