Tárrega, Francisco - Capricho Árabe, Serenata - D08

Audio and video recordings of the works of Francisco Tárrega.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Tárrega, Francisco - Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Tárrega, Francisco - Lágrima - D05 Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
Chris Davis

Tárrega, Francisco - Capricho Árabe, Serenata - D08

Post by Chris Davis » Tue May 02, 2006 6:27 am

Here's a not to great recording of me playing Tarrega's Capricho Arabe.

I play this piece at a recital, and that's when the recording was made.

My own criticisms:
-The fast runs in the beginning (not the slurs) are incosistant in tone quality
-Sometimes during the fast slur sections, my head gets ahead of itself and starts the shifts before the fingers are done actually making sounds
-The shift to F major is shakey, but not bad. Just needs to be a bit faster
-My barre during the F major section is shakey, and sometimes bass notes don't come out as clear as i'd like
-Ornamention is inconsistant in the major key area sections sections, I need to practice more without it and then add it in.

ALL THAT SAID, I was very nervous, and considering my previous cases of nerves during recitals, this one was not bad. My fingers didn't shake uncontrollably, and I was in command of my movements moreso than before. I also played most of Bach's third cello suite, but the MP3 is the entire suite, and i'd rather not post a 19 minute MP3 here, i'll try to split it and then post it. I played my set from memory.

Have at it!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

john_mark

Post by john_mark » Tue May 02, 2006 7:27 am

This is a very challenging piece and I think you played it very well. I hope you got an "A". I also really hope you find a way to edit and post the Bach suite. Keep up the great work.

owl

Post by owl » Tue May 02, 2006 8:14 am

Hello Chris... this is really good work by you :bravo:
This is a tough piece... the hardest part is to convey the 'feeling' but you manage to do this convincingly :flowers:
Congratulations... keep working on it, you are almost there :chitarrista:
:merci: for playing this lovely piece

Joy in the music
Owl
PS. I will move this into OWMP
Last edited by owl on Tue May 02, 2006 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never, ever give up!... I leave my songprint on your heart.

hav

Post by hav » Tue May 02, 2006 2:04 pm

Hey Boyscout!! :okok: That was VERY nicely done - thanks -- I enjoy the "live" aspect as well!! Thanks!! We all DO hope this was a good grade!! I eagerly await the suite!!

Chris Davis

Post by Chris Davis » Tue May 02, 2006 2:41 pm

It should be a good grade! My studio teacher is the one who decides, and I don't think he's ever been upset with my work/progress. No worries about an A there.

Thanks for you comments, friends. I might rerecord the bach suite, but i'll try to get the live recording up here.

Any ideas for a good, free mp3 splitter?

owl

Post by owl » Tue May 02, 2006 2:46 pm

Boyscout wrote: Any idea of a good, free mp3 splitter?
Sorry to jump in here Chris... and you certainly get an A from me... but what is an mp3 splitter? :oops:

Joy in the music
Owl
Never, ever give up!... I leave my songprint on your heart.

Chris Davis

Post by Chris Davis » Tue May 02, 2006 5:41 pm

owl wrote:
Boyscout wrote: Any idea of a good, free mp3 splitter?
Sorry to jump in here Chris... and you certainly get an A from me... but what is an mp3 splitter? :oops:

Joy in the music
Owl
It just edits a large MP3 into smaller bits. You select a piece of the MP3 you want to split, then it does it for you.

jarods

Post by jarods » Wed May 03, 2006 12:44 pm

:bravo: a very good interpretation
:D

tdmobbs

Post by tdmobbs » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:52 am

Boyscout wrote:
Any ideas for a good, free mp3 splitter?
I use a really good, FREE mp3 splitter all the time for my recordings called Mp3DirectCut

A quick google search should find it.

:D

pima

Post by pima » Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:17 pm

Hello Chris

You really make a beautiful sound on the guitar. I've read quite a few of your posts regarding "theory" questions and you really know your stuff and are confident in your delivery of it.

I know this seems trite and all that and geez I have nerve problems even playing for my dog but I just wanted to encourage you. It sounds like your annoyed at yourself for a mistake and rushing on to the next thing but I just wanted to say that you really are producing a beautiful tone when you play. I kinda think confidence begins when we realise our strengths and allow things to grow from them. (not that I am the judge of your strengths, I just like the tone you get and I bet I am not alone)

There really are good things going on with your playing and I hope you get what I am trying to say and keep posting

Thanks for posting

Brett

Return to “Our recordings of Francisco Tárrega”