Tárrega, Francisco - Lágrima - D05

Audio and video recordings of the works of Francisco Tárrega.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Tárrega, Francisco - Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Tárrega, Francisco - Lágrima - D05 Video
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
Richard

Tárrega, Francisco - Lágrima - D05

Post by Richard » Wed May 24, 2006 3:45 am

Hello fellow Delcamp'rs

Here is my attempt at this beautiful piece by Tarrega;

Lagrima....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hav

Post by hav » Wed May 24, 2006 4:04 am

Hey Richard! :okok: :okok: right up there with the best performances of Lagrima I have ever heard!! VERY nicely and authentically done!! NICE ONE!!

charlesivey

Post by charlesivey » Wed May 24, 2006 4:43 am

Whoa... what a great intrepretation and Romantic Largo. The little cascade scale down from the held high D is wonderfully expressed -- there is passion in your music. Wow, do I like it, and I thought I had heard enough versions of this one that another one would not create such a nice effect. These little jewels can sometimes be surprising.
CI

"Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler" A. Einstein

owl

Post by owl » Wed May 24, 2006 6:49 am

Hello Richard... this is beautifully played :bravo:
A sensitive and emotional rendition... I loved listening :casque:
:merci: for this lovely music

Joy in the music
Owl
Never, ever give up!... I leave my songprint on your heart.

AndrewD

Post by AndrewD » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:36 pm

I'm with hav. This is a beautiful rendition, slower than any I have heard before, but with tremendous feeling. Bravo.

Richard

Post by Richard » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:25 pm

:merci:

Hav, Charles, Owl & Andrew;

Thank you so much for your comments.
I have a habit of playing most things too slow but I believe that it is appropriate with Lagrima.

Cheers all

willi

Post by willi » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:41 am

what beautiful music ,I have not heard it before,it was entrancing,one day I will attempt it,thankyou.These recordings are an inspiration to me.

Vesuvio

Post by Vesuvio » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:05 pm

Very sensitively played. Thank you very much indeed for the chance to hear this, you have set a standard for me to aim at. I think I may have been playing it too fast to bring out some of the atmosphere.

Adagio

Post by Adagio » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:10 pm

Very lovely and sensitive interpretation!!
I like to play this wonderful piece slowly myself . But your's is even slower - but convincing!
You are proving that there is always a new way to interprete a piece with substance. Thank you! :D

Adagio

Vesuvio

Post by Vesuvio » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:25 pm

Adagio has really hit the target. You think you know a piece, you are guided by the score, you think you've done more or less all you can with it and then...you hear someone else interpret it another way. You hear something you'd like to try and the result is something new, a combination of what you used to play and what you have just heard. The learning and discovery never stop and that's what makes the OWMP part of the forum so very valuable. One day I hope I will have the courage to add to the collection.

lpmercury

Post by lpmercury » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:59 am

Simply great ! I've since changed parts of my own interpretation after listening :) Good job.

treack

Post by treack » Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:33 am

Simply beautiful - many thanks .... so, that's how it should be played !

Fingerless

Post by Fingerless » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:18 pm

Hi Richard,
That's really cleanly and nicely played. What are you thinking about when you play it? I must admit that it is slower than I've heard it before, but as you say, it is appropriate for the piece. I'm listening to it for the second time now, and I feel the tempo is a bit too plastic in some places, but I see I'm in the minority here!

Have you tried playing it a bit faster to give it a different feel. It can sometimes be really fun to play around like that, getting lots of different ideas.

Anyway, well done for an inspirational rendition.

Fingerless

Terry Sanderson

Post by Terry Sanderson » Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:33 pm

I love listening to Lagrima and this interpretation was also very lovely to hear. Very relaxing at this speed, and very well played Richard.
:applauso:

dbsf

Post by dbsf » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:47 pm

I've added this to my permanent collection

thanks,
David/sf

Return to “Our recordings of Francisco Tárrega”