- Type / luthier: Johnny Walker (Bartlesville, OK) #550 Grand Concert Flamenca Negra
- Year of construction: 2006
- Scale length (mm): 640
- Nut (mm): 50mm (42 mm string spread)
- Bridge: 12 hole fully bound tie block cocobolo rosewood bridge
- Top: Engleman Spruce
- Back / Sides: Cocobolo Rosewood
- Fingerboard / (bridge): Ebony (w/21 fret extension)
- Tuners: Gotoh premiums - GGCSPECB
- Sound: per maker: "It has a slightly sweeter sound than the blanco with less of the dry rasp typical of the blanco"
- Condition: Excellent
- Price: $2500
- Viewing / trial possible: Yes
- Location (nearest city): San Francisco Bay Area
This is the first guitar I had made in 2006 by Johnny Walker at a time when undecided as to whether I was going the classical or flamenco route. The description on Johnny’s site of his negra seemed just the ticket. I ultimately went the flamenco route and ordered a blanca 2 years later. This “negra” worked for my needs until it started opening up after 2-3 years. The more it opened up, the more the volume and sustain of the cocobolo increased, away from the dry rasp of the blanca. This is a shorter scale guitar and requires a lighter touch than mine. It has virtually imperceptible tap plates for percussive needs. The neck is oval shaped and on the thin side to accommodate smaller hands or this preference. This guitar is beutifully constructed & built to last.
This is Johnny’s Grand Concert model with purfling, fully French polished, intoned saddle & nut, gotoh premiums and there is also an extra saddle with a wider string spread. The guitar is in great condition, never left my house; (comes in original virtually mint TKL case) and played very little in the last 2 or 3 years.
In addition, I notified Johnny ahead of my intention to sell and he has graciously offered to look over the guitar and, if desired, remove the tap plates, gratis to the new owner. (He also informs me it can be switched over to "left-handed model with satisfactory results", if need be). Thank you, Johnny, once again.
Also available wil be in-progress photos during guitar construction plus quality post construction photos, if interested.
Please view description of "negra" sound on Johnny's site at:
http://www.johnnywalkerguitars.com/conc ... enco_model
Available for view/ trial to interested parties in the SF Bay Area, mid-peninsula (I would prefer not to ship this guitar for trial) and will also post on SF craigslist in a couple of days.
Thanks for looking.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.