D01 Classical guitar lesson 06

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Halil Akaydin

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 06

Post by Halil Akaydin » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:31 am

Hi Eddy, if I may, you're not holding the notes for their full value. Your third video for example sounds very stacatto. Don't be in such a rush to jump to the next note. Anyway, it's something i constantly work on myself. Getting a nice legato sound can be tough. :)

Bill Davis

Post by Bill Davis » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:19 am

Brian Hunker wrote:OK. I have completed my Lesson 6 videos after practicing the material for 8 days.

As always, any feedback is greatly appreciated!!
Brian, sounds great. Although, I couldn't get the first video to play. It would have been scale #6. You are also relaxed enough it sounds smooth and not choppy. Good job! :bravo: Bill
Last edited by Bill Davis on Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bill Davis

Post by Bill Davis » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:24 am

Scott Fountain wrote:Hello Everyone,

Here is my lesson submissions. Thanks for listening! I look forward to seeing everyone's submissions

just an fyi, my computer is not the greatest for recording so so the quality isn't that great. Sorry, got to upgrade soon
Scott, good use of the Christmas tree. It added to the ambiance. Just kidding. :D
Seemed like the video and audio where off so it was hard to follow. It sounded fairly good though. I noticed a little hesitation between some bars in ricercar. I have the same dilemma when I am not sure of the next bar. :bravo: Bill

Bill Davis

Post by Bill Davis » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:28 am

Halil Akaydin wrote:Here are my submission for lesson 06.
Halil. I am not sure why, but I don't have permission to listen to your mp3 recordings. Thanks for checking into that. Bill :merci:
Last edited by Bill Davis on Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bill Davis

Post by Bill Davis » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:34 am

Eddy Sung wrote:Hello all,

Here are my recordings for Lesson 06.

Thank you,

Eddy
Hi Eddy,

Sounded good. I agree with Halil that your notes are sometimes too short. Try using the counting method (1e2e3e4e) or a metronome to help you keep tempo. I sometimes find myself running through a song. When I check myself with a metronome I realize I am playing too fast. lol. Lecon I opus 60 was your nicest piece. Thanks for sharing! Bill

Eddy Sung

Post by Eddy Sung » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:22 pm

Hi Halil and Bill, thank you the suggestions! It did sound staccato now that I listened to it. I will work more on legato and pay more attention to the notes length. :merci:

Scott Fountain

Post by Scott Fountain » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:09 am

Bill Davis wrote:
Scott Fountain wrote:Hello Everyone,

Here is my lesson submissions. Thanks for listening! I look forward to seeing everyone's submissions

just an fyi, my computer is not the greatest for recording so so the quality isn't that great. Sorry, got to upgrade soon
Scott, good use of the Christmas tree. It added to the ambiance. Just kidding. :D
Seemed like the video and audio where off so it was hard to follow. It sounded fairly good though. I noticed a little hesitation between some bars in ricercar. I have the same dilemma when I am not sure of the next bar. :bravo: Bill

Unfortunately, the tree is gone now. I figured I'll add a little Christmas spirit to the lesson, LOL.

My pc is really picky when it comes to video,so a majority will turn out bad until I replace it. It seems 8 days is tough to nail down everything, but it's still lots of fun. Thanks

Scott Fountain

Post by Scott Fountain » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:14 am

Brian Hunker wrote:OK. I have completed my Lesson 6 videos after practicing the material for 8 days.

[media]https://youtu.be/alBUBKg_mU0[/media]

[media]https://youtu.be/AWBAgb1Q69Y[/media]

[media]https://youtu.be/XW-61GFwfME[/media]

As always, any feedback is greatly appreciated!!
Brian,

Good job! You look relaxed and rhythm is great.

Scott Fountain

Post by Scott Fountain » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:20 am

Halil Akaydin wrote:Here are my submission for lesson 06.

Halil,

I really like the exercises and Lecion, very nice. For Ricercar, it sounded pretty good, maybe on a couple of notes they could have rung out just a little longer, but overall nice job :bravo:

Brian Hunker

Post by Brian Hunker » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:57 am

Eddy,

This is unbelievable! :shock: You caught up all the way up from lesson 1 to lesson 6 in less than one month! :bravo:

Your posture and hand positions (both left and right) look correct and very relaxed. You played no wrong notes. :guitare:

I am very interested to know how you managed this amazing task. What (if any) books, videos, or other resources have you been using?

Any details would be greatly appreciated.

Good luck in the next lesson... assuming you haven't already completed the entire course by the time I am writing this! :lol:

-Brian

Brian Hunker

Post by Brian Hunker » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:26 pm

Halil,

Your recordings sounded great. Your guitar has a very nice sound and you produce a nice clean and even tone with each note. Very nice work.

I also experienced hesitation while I was learning Ricercar. For me (and I suspect for you as well) it was executing the p + m simultaneous rest stroke. Initially I had trouble getting my fingers to go at the exact same time without a lot of hesitation. I started to overcome this by going back and spending more time on the Polyphonie rest stroke exercises. I feel my time was better spent repeating the compound rest stroke motion over and over in the exercise. You get more repetitions in compared to just working on the song over and over.

But overall, the quality of your playing on these recordings is really excellent. :bravo:

Halil Akaydin

Post by Halil Akaydin » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:46 pm

Guys, thanks for listening and for the helpful comments.

You know, it really irritates me when I listen to one of my recordings and hear notes getting cit off too soon. :) It's something I want to be rid of. :)

I'm going to go back and listen to my simultaneus rest strokes now too to investigate :wink:

Ben Spurr

Post by Ben Spurr » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:39 pm

Halil, I suffer from the same issue, as well as hesitation through the songs. I use a metronome to work through it, slowing the time down to half, really slow, where I have to take my time playing through the tune to stay on tempo, then start increasing the time as I improve. I can usually increase the time by ten to twenty beats once or twice a day. I think maybe it's a little tougher for me than most people, I seem to learn music rather slowly.

Eddy Sung

Post by Eddy Sung » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:20 pm

Hi Brian,

Thank you for the compliment! I actually have a lot of time on my own, so I spent it practicing the lessons (many pieces a day). I did not use any other resources except this amazing website! :)

-Eddy

Barbara DiNenno

Post by Barbara DiNenno » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:42 pm

Here are my submissions. Thanks in advance for taking the time to view and for any feedback.
Barbara
[media]https://youtu.be/fSkVa4CEDUQ[/media]
[media]https://youtu.be/-7GYLfg71DU[/media]
[media]https://youtu.be/ut7a_2J5Nkk[/media]

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”