Greeting from Johor, Malaysia

Cha Ming Cheng

Greeting from Johor, Malaysia

Post by Cha Ming Cheng » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:01 am

Hello everyone here! I am Cha Ming Cheng from Johor, Malaysia. My hometown is a place called Pekan Nanas, which means Pineapple town in Malay language.

I start learning classical guitar one year ago. Previously I learnt piano when I was in primary and secondary school. To me, I prefer classical guitar music, but also slowly learning the beauty of Fingerstyle guitar music. I just finished my ABRSM Grade 5 exam. Now slowly building up my skills to be able to play better in classical guitar in future.

Looking forward to learning a lot of new things from everyone here. Thanks.

George Crocket

Re: Greeting from Johor, Malaysia

Post by George Crocket » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:19 am

Greetings, Cha Ming Cheng.

Welcome to the Delcamp classical guitar forum. This is a great place to meet guitarists of all levels from around the world. Starting at our welcome page is the best way to find more information about the forum and its rules. When you have posted a second message you should subscribe to the 002 group (see here) to access levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection. After more posts you may apply for access to the higher levels of sheet music in Delcamp's library.

Enjoy your visits.
    George
    2010 Stephen Eden spruce/cocobolo classical guitar
    2012 Stephen Eden cedar/IRW classical guitar

Tom

Post by Tom » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:28 pm

Hello Ming Cheng,

Weclcome! As a Singaproean I always heard of this place Pekan Nanas but I have never been there. Can you give some introduction of your home town?

Thank you !

Cha Ming Cheng

Post by Cha Ming Cheng » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:10 pm

Hi Tom, nice to meet you. Pekan Nanas is a small town which like 40 years ago famous in planting a lot of pineapple. And as the soil is very suitable to grow pineapple, the pineapple here is very delicious. However, as the price of the pineapple dropped, there is no longer pineapple farm in Pekan Nanas here anymore. Quite sad.

It is quite near to Second link of Singapore and Malaysia. And near to Legoland Malaysia. The town mainly stay a lot of Chinese and there are a lot of delicious food here. Welcome you to Pekan Nanas and visit us. I can host you here. Haha.

daryl993manggip

Post by daryl993manggip » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:48 am

Hello! Cha Ming Cheng!

Welcome! Glad to see more fellow Malaysians on the forum! When you said ABRSM Grade 5, were you talking about guitar? That's a lot of progress in one year!

Cha Ming Cheng

Post by Cha Ming Cheng » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:39 am

Hi Daryl, yes. It is ABRSM guitar grade 5. As I learnt piano before till grade 8, I don't need to spend a lot of time learning reading score and theories. So I can get into the skill part very fast. Although I passed the exam, but my basic skills still not strong yet. Need to practice hard if I want to go higher. Thanks. Are you from Malaysia too?

daryl993manggip

Post by daryl993manggip » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:04 pm

Yes Cha Ming Cheng, I'm from Malaysia, from Sabah. Do you work with a teacher? Working with a good teacher will really make a difference, especially if you're still working on your basics. Anyone, have a great time on this forum. It's full of good info, and it has helped me out a lot!

Cha Ming Cheng

Post by Cha Ming Cheng » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:24 pm

Daryl, what a small world. Although I am staying in Pekan Nanas, I was born at Sabah too. Haha. I am from Tawau. How about you? Maybe we can connect more through Facebook. My username is same as my name. Search for me, ok? Yes, I am following a teacher now. But also taking the online course to learn more from fellow members here. Hope we can know more for each other. Thanks.

Return to “Introduce yourself”