Hello from The Hague, Netherlands

r.bertsch

Hello from The Hague, Netherlands

Post by r.bertsch » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:14 am

Hello,

I am a new member of Delcamp and want to introduce myself with this message.
I am a retired teacher since 2005. I have been working for 30 years in Special Education with mentally handicapped children.
And after that I switched to teaching Dutch for foreigners.
Since my retirement I fill my spare time with giving private lessons Dutch to our immigrants and expats.

During my whole life I was interested in the guitar and when I was 10 years old I started playing ukelele.
An uncle of mine noticed that I had a special talent for this. Therefore he gave me a (jazz)guitar and he payed for my guitarlessons.
After a while I also took classical guitarlessons with the books of Sagreras. I did the first five books.
In the meantime I also started several popbands playing electric sologuitar, but finally I sticked to the classical guitar
Consequently my guitars became better and better. From a Teller guitar to a Sanchis Carpio to a Ramirez 1A Camera with a cedar top. This one had fantastic sound and projection but the mensur was 66,5 cm and appeared to be too big for my hands. So after many years I decided to sell it to a friend with a little sadness.
And then this friend sold it through to somebody in England. So I wonder where it is now.
Then I ordered a new guitar by Richard Heeres in The Hague. He built a copy of a Ramirez model from 1912. That is the one I am playing since 5 years.
It is a very good instrument with a very light action and a clear sound.

In the meantime I also like to play duo and quartet.
My favourite guitarmusic are the Spanish composers like Albeniz, Granados, Llobet, Tarrega, etc
I grew up in the time of Segovia, Bream, Williams and attended many concerts of them(except Segovia)
I also met the fantastic Brazilian guitarist/performer Dagoberto Linhares. You should hear him on his website.
He is one of my favourites.

Well, this is my introduction for now.

Regards,

Robert Bertsch

Erik Zurcher

Re: Hello from The Hague, Netherlands

Post by Erik Zurcher » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:19 am

Hello Robert, good to meet you again on this forum. Try to remain a member by posting at least one post per month. Enjoy yourself and see you around!

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please have a look at our welcome page

You already have access to all the mp3 files and videos in our recording sections, and to all members' scores. Once you have made 2 posts, you should subscribe to the 002 group which gives you access to levels 1 - 3 of the Delcamp score collection, and also enables you to post your own scores and recordings.

After you have posted 20 messages, you will be able to subscribe to the 020 group, which will allow you to download the remaining levels of the Delcamp scores. Bear in mind that the quality of your messages is taken into account by the Moderators when approving an application. Messages which are too similar, or without interest will not be counted.

To subscribe to the 002 or 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit. It may take a day or two to be approved.

We advise members to add their location in their profile. To add your location, click on your Username (top right of the page, select User Control Panel, then on the "Profile" tab, and then type your town and state or country, or even just your country, into the field next to "Location:"
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

RobMacKillop

Post by RobMacKillop » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:31 am

Hi Robert, good to see you here. 1912? Is that a Manuel Ramirez? I just bought a Manuel Ramirez-inspired guitar from Simon Ambridge. It is also very light. and clear. Mine has a cypress back.

Daan Hoeksema

Post by Daan Hoeksema » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:24 am

Welkom Robert !!
Het veulen dat haar moeder naar de slacht zag gaan. "Hou je taai mam".

Return to “Introduce yourself”