Hello from Dorking, England

gavinleone

Hello from Dorking, England

Post by gavinleone » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:09 am

Hi everyone, my name is Gavin Leone and I started playing classical guitar seriously about 3 years ago, after hearing a Julian Bream recording of Aguado's Rondo in Am. Before that I spent some years as a professional jazz and blues guitarist and teacher.
I joined this forum to learn from more experienced players and to share my experiences as I progress with this discipline - hopefully I'll get to meet more players around the world to and be able to combine my passion for guitars with my enthusiasm for travel and exploration - which I most do on 2 wheels ;)
I have 3 very contrasting classical guitars, but my favourite is a Rohan Lowe Hauser copy made for me. It's been a real challenge so far, trying to learn the repertoire and keep things interesting by having a go at pieces by Aguado and Albeniz which so far, I am finding the most challenging, but yet the most enjoyable to play. I've had a bit of a look around and found some really interensting threads here, so looking forward to contributing as much as I can.

James Lister
Luthier

Re: Hello from Dorking, England

Post by James Lister » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:14 pm

Hi Gavin,

Welcome to Delcamp!

Please feel free to join in with existing discussions, or to start your own topic. The members here are very friendly and supportive, and if you need any extra help, you can ask one of the moderators (usernames shown in green, except mine, which is purple, as I'm also a luthier).

To learn more about this forum and its rules, please follow this link: our welcome page

Your second post will give you access to the mp3 files and videos in the recording sections and members' scores and levels 1-3 of the Delcamp score collection. You will also be able to post your own scores and recordings. When you have posted 20 messages, you will be able to subscribe to the 020 group. This group gives you access to more features of the forum. To subscribe to the 002 or 020 group, select the relevant group on the User Groups page and then click on Submit.

We recommend that members add their location in their profile - to do so just click on your name at the top right of the page, select "User Control Panel", then on the "Profile" tab, and enter your town/region/country in the "Location" field.

Enjoy the forum!

James
James Lister, luthier, Sheffield UK

Return to “Introduce yourself”